Monday, September 9, 2013

Hunger Games Review

Now I know that this book series has been out for a while and I actually did start reading it a while ago but within the last 2 weeks I have finished the last two books.

I loved the first book. In fact I actually couldn't put it down. It kept me interested and left me wanting more. Not a big fan of the movie but the nooks are always better.

The second one was a bit of a slow start for me. But by the end of it I was so excited for this next movie to come out even though I am sure that it will be a letdown as well. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the last one.

Having just finished the last one...I must say I'm actually left disappointed. All the people you grow to love die, she doesn't end up with the guy I would have liked her to end up with, and the ending just seems so...bare. Like it's missing something. I'm not sure how exactly I would have liked for this series to end but I know it is far different from how it actually ended.

I will still see the movies and my opinion of who she should have ended up with won't change. I also stand by my decision that although the last fight scene was good, the end of the story felt rushed and I was not a fan of the epilogue. This may be extremely fueled by my disappointment in the direction the plot went.

In the end I would say I ranked this series a 3 out of 5. I loved the first two books started out liking the third but was disappointed with the deaths, unhappily ever after (my opinion) and the overall "I need to end this, this sounds good" aka "rushed" feeling I got.

No comments: